Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Prince Charming

I like reading romance novels, watching chick flicks and my favorite t.v show is Once Upon a Time. Every girls dream is to find true love and live happily ever after.  Yet human love will disappoint us and nothing on this earth will truly fulfill us. God's love is greater than anything we can ever read, watch or see on this earth.  His love is real and will satisfy us. I wrote this poem a few weeks ago to describe how Jesus's love completes me. 



Prince Charming

I used to spend my days reading fairy-tale
In the hopes that I’d have a happy ever after
I’d dare to wish that my dreams could prevail
I’d daydream of adventure and laughter

Of thrilling chases on mighty steeds
Of a prince charming that would save me
But my heart is so lonely it bleeds
I feel so empty I could drown in the sea

That’s when you came, riding into rescue
To save me from this solitary tower
I have been searching my whole life for you
I have been waiting for this very hour

You have awoken me with true love’s kiss
You have healed my heart and made it whole
I am drowning in your love, in pure bliss
You have broken sin’s curse that held my soul

You are my God, my Savior, my King
You have rescued me in every way
Jesus you’re my true love, my Prince Charming
The only one who can take my breath away




No comments:

Post a Comment